DIAGNOSTIC ULTRASOUND SCAN (MUSCULOSKELETAL IMAGING)
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Pain
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Elbow Pain
- Hand and Wrists Pain
- Hip Pain
How we Treat:
- Cortisone Injections
- Ostenil Plus Injections
- Conservative management like physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture, shockwave therapy and laser therapy.
Diagnostic Ultrasound Scan
As part of their physiotherapy assessments and treatment, Alton Pain Clinic offers musculoskeletal ultrasound scan examinations (point of care). The use of an ultrasound musculoskeletal scan to diagnose soft tissue injuries around joints is a valuable addition to traditional physiotherapy assessment and treatment. Ultrasound musculoskeletal imaging is becoming more widely used in the diagnosis, investigation, and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders.
What is Ultrasound Scan of the Musculoskeletal System?
Ultrasound imaging is a painless medical test that aids in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. Ultrasound is a painless and safe procedure. Ultrasound examinations do not involve the use of radiation (as used in x-rays). Muscles, tendons, ligaments, joints, nerves, and soft tissues are all visible in ultrasound images of the musculoskeletal system.
What are some common uses of the procedure?
- Shoulder: Acromioclavicular joint synovitis/arthritis, rotator cuff tear and tendinopathy, subacromial subdeltoid bursitis, subacromial deltoid impingement, calcific tendonitis, acromioclavicular joint swelling
- Knee: Hamstring injury, quadriceps tendon tear, patellar tendon tendinopathy, fat impingement, enthesopathy/enthesitis, osteoarthritis-related changes, Baker’s cyst, and joint swelling, IT band syndrome and bursitis, ligament tear or sprain, pes anserinus bursitis and tendonitis, runner’s knee
- Foot and Ankle: Achilles tendinopathy tendonitis enthesopathy and enthesitis, paratenonitis, retrocalcaneal bursitis, superficial calcaneal bursitis, calf pain and tear, runners injury, arthritis, tendon or ligament injury such as anterior talo-fibular ligament sprain or tear, Morton’s neuroma, inter-metatarsal bursitis, plantar fasciitis fasciopathy and bursitis, possible cause of metatarsalgia (foot pain), trapped nerve such as tarsal tuunnel syndrome, osteoarthritis, stress fracture, osteoarthritis, arthritis, and plantar plate injury etc.
- Rheumatology: Early changes of rheumatoid and inflammatory arthritis such as erosions or synovitis as well as flares up.
- Elbow: Tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow, biceps tendon tear or tendinopathy, synovitis, joint swelling, bicipitoradial bursitis, olecranon bursitis, triceps enthesopathy/enthesitis, calcification in tendon, trapped nerve such as cubital tunnel syndrome.
- Hand and Wrist Pain: Trapped nerve such as carpal tunnel syndrome, wrist sprain, joint swelling, DeQuarvian tenosynovitis, osteoarthritis in the CMC (carpometacarpal) joint and STT (scaphotrapeziotrapezoid) joint complex, TFCC (triangular fibrocartilage complex) pain, trigger finger, ligament and tendon injury, trigger finger, small joint osteoarthritis (knuckle) and pain.
- Hip Pain: Arthritis, osteoarthritis, greater trochanter pain syndrome, ischial bursitis, snapping hip, joint swelling, tendon tear and tendinopathy.
Your Care Pathway with us
- To book an appointment you can call our normal reception line, 0142084487, email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button given below.
- Complete MSK Examination and testing.
- Detailed MSK ultrasound scan.
- Discussion of your treatment plan; Treatment Plans can include i.e advanced treatmeants for ex. Cortisone Injection, Ostenil plus (Hyaluronic injection), Prolotherapy or Conservative management like physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture, shockwave therapy and laser therapy.